Alternative Insurance Services
The Alternative Insurance Services (AIS) program provides captive managers, insurers and program managers and their clients with back-office business administrative assistance and ongoing services.
Southern Insurance Underwriters, Inc. is among the largest independently-owned managing general agencies in the U.S., and has an excellent reputation in the property/casualty insurance industry over its 50 years. An on-site staff of underwriters, policyholder service specialists, accounting professionals, along with cutting-edge computer technology, enables the efficient and effective processing of large volumes of insurance-related transactions. Also established is a network of over 1,500 independent agents in the Southeast, which are a potential distribution channel for new products.
Click here to download our brochure!
- Captive insurance company managers
- Risk retention groups
- Risk purchasing groups
- Group captive insurance companies
- Program managers
- Businesses or associations with self-insured programs
- Single-parent captive insurance companies
- Insurers desiring to outsource underwriting and policy processing functions
- Individual risk underwriting – skilled staff of underwriters with experience in all lines of property and casualty insurance
- Policy preparation and issuance – highly automated IT system issues all documents, including policies, endorsements, cancellation notices and invoices; documents can be delivered electronically, if desired
- Premium billing and collection – account current capability for producing agents; direct bill; aging reports; highly skilled collections staff
- Premium financing – on line, real-time, customer-friendly system enhances product sales
- State-of-the-art imaging system for paperless, real-time record keeping (accessible on-line by clients)
- Web-based capability for policy transactions – in-house web-development specialists for specific custom applications
- Comprehensive business intelligence reports, tailored for client requirements
Insurance Program Design
- An experienced staff to assist with the design of insurance policies, underwriting guidelines, risk management, and loss prevention functions
- Financial statement preparation for alternative risk entities
- Data collection for actuarial, financial, and accounting purposes
- Insurance company accounting and statistical reporting
- Highly efficient policy management system – fully integrated functions of quote, rate, issue, invoicing, agent/company statements, claims, and management reports
- On-site programming resources, to enable customized client solutions
- State-of-the-art systems and secure data storage environment, including disaster recovery options for clients
SIU’s Alternative Insurance Services division are the experts to free you from the oppressive management of your back-office. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to reduce paperwork while enhancing your company’s bottom line. Contact AIS today!